Learning About the World Around Them
As children become Preschool age, they become more and more curious and love to ask the question, “WHY”? The Children’s Center uses that curiosity to teach them to learn and grow. Within our classroom you would see lots of playing pretend, learning games, and participating in “hands – on activities “– just to name a few. These games and activities are done for a reason, encouraging development in many different areas.
- Act independently by choosing toys and activities that interest them.
- Interact socially by playing with other children. They begin to share, to help others and to cooperate. They also start to respect differences in people.
- Express their creativity by using their imagination as they play. They draw, paint, cut and paste. They dress up and “pretend”. They sing, move to music and play rhythm instruments.
- Children participate in Language Arts activities such as listening to books and stories and talking about them. They start to show an interest in writing and they begin to identify some letters of the alphabet, especially the letters in their name.
- Children can learn about math and science through their everyday experiences. They begin to sort and group objects that go together. They put objects in order of size, they count, add and subtract real objects in the classroom such as crayons or blocks.
- Children use their fine and gross motor skills in a variety of ways. They coordinate their eye and hand movements to work puzzles, string beads, and cut with scissors. They also use their small muscles for self-helping skills such as buttoning, zipping and snapping. They use their large muscles for jumping, hopping, balancing, throwing, catching and kicking a ball.
Our classrooms are divided into general interest learning centers that meet the children’s need to move, explore, express and relax. Our teachers plan activities through large group and small groups throughout the day. The Children’s Center preschool program is a lot of fun, and all done with a purpose.
We would like to invite you to come and experience our Preschool program in person. Find a Children’s Center near you and see for yourself.