Pre – Kindergarten
Getting Ready for Kindergarten and Beyond
Kindergarten is an exciting step for children and parents alike. Your Pre – K child is like a sponge – they are ready to soak up knowledge and learn the concepts that they will need to be ready for Kindergarten. Our Pre – K classroom is more structured and our main focus is to get your child ready for that special year of Kindergarten. Through large groups and small, individualized instruction, your child will work on early literacy and math skills daily.
- Recognize rhyming words and letters of the alphabet.
- Retell a story and put picture cards in sequence.
- Sort objects by size and adding and subtracting with real objects.
- Making graphs of real classroom activities.
- Begin to match letters with beginning sounds.
- Understanding the concept of a written numeral and puts written numerals in order.
- Writing their name and other letters of the alphabet as well as numbers.
- Follow at least 2 step directions.
- Making predictions.
- Repeat patterns.
- Develop fine and gross motor skills.
We provide a classroom where children can challenge themselves and enjoy the thrill of discovery as they look forward to school. The Children’s Center will teach the necessary skills needed to excel in that special year of kindergarten.
For more information regarding our Pre-K program, contact a Children’s Center near you.